AboutSupporting economic development across NSW regions
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Sydney is part of a national network of Committees made up of local leaders who work with all levels of government, business, and community groups to support the economic development of their regions.
RDA Sydney supports the NSW statewide RDA network to grow strong and confident regional economies that harness competitive advantages, seize economic opportunities, and attract investment.
We do this by working with city-based stakeholders and the NSW RDA network to identify and support economic development opportunities for the regions.
Our Strategic Priorities
Promote and advocate NSW statewide regional economic development opportunities
Develop and maintain capital city stakeholder relationships that advance regional growth and create connections for NSW RDAs and their stakeholder communities
Provide government and business with local intelligence on the NSW regions to better inform decision making
Sustainable economic prosperity across all NSW regions.
Support the NSW RDA network to advocate and influence capital city decision makers on investment and regional policy opportunities.
Using strong evidence-based analysis, promote the economic and livability opportunities presented by the NSW regions to Business, Government, Education, Workforce and Community.
Regional Development Australia Charter
Strong, CONNECTED Regions
Regional Development Australia Committees (RDAs) are critical to the delivery of this vision, including supporting the successful implementation of the Australian Government’s Regional Investment Framework (RIF), which will guide a more coordinated approach to regional development, underpinned by local engagement.
RDAs play a role in helping to drive economic growth, innovation and entrepreneurship in regions through facilitating investment in community, industry and the environment. RDAs assist to bridge the regional development gaps in regions by working with a broad range of stakeholders across sectors and supporting the delivery of identified Australian Government strategic priorities.
As representatives of their local communities, RDAs will:
• focus their activities and strategy on delivery of the RIF in their region, including investment in people, places, services, and industries and local economies
• support regional stakeholders, including local government and the not-for-profit-sector, to seek grant opportunities that advance strategic regional priorities
• support decarbonisation efforts and the transformation to a net zero economy and enable regional linkages between sectors to achieve these aims
• build the evidence for economic development, including innovation and diversification strategies
• facilitate meaningful engagement across the three levels of government to ensure investments deliver better outcomes for regions, and
• contribute relevant data and local intelligence to support the evidence base to inform regional development strategies, program design and policy responses.
RDAs use their local, cross-sector expertise and regional voice to:
• collaborate with integrity, transparency, respect and accountability
• engage with diverse communities, especially First Nations people
• support the Government’s ambition of ‘no one held back and no one left behind’, and
• support gender equality opportunities in their regions.