Local communities, councils and airport operators are encouraged to have their say on the Aviation White Paper which will set the long-term policies to guide the next generation of growth and innovation in the aviation sector.
As part of the process to develop the White Paper, the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts recently released the Aviation Green Paper.
The Green Paper outlines challenges and opportunities for Australia’s aviation sector to 2050 and options to respond to them. The Green Paper seeks stakeholder’s feedback to inform development of the Aviation White Paper.
The Aviation White Paper is expected to be released in mid-2024, with its flight path passing through the following stages:
- On 7 February 2023, the Government released the White Paper Terms of Reference.
- On 10 March 2023, submissions closed on the Terms of Reference.
- During March 2023, public consultation occurred through industry roundtables.
- On 7 September 2023, the Government released the Aviation Green Paper.
- Submissions on the Green Paper are now open and will close on 30 November 2023.
- To make a submission, visit the have your say page.
- For more information on being involved, see the how to be involved page.
- The Aviation White Paper is to be released in mid-2024.